11.26.2008

hearts-and-soles.

I think one of the best things you can do to boost your spirit is to volunteer... whether that be at a school function, a church event, in a homeless shelter, at a cancer fundraiser, ANYWHERE. Just being part of a group that is working together to put on a good event for a good cause makes you feel so... um... well, good! So, when my sister-in-law told me about her two good friends that were in the beginning stages of starting a charity - I listened in awe. Her two friends, Haley and Jessica, are the founders of Hearts-And-Soles, an organization which collects and distributes shoes to needy families. They are beginning and endevour which I KNOW will bring many smiles to their faces for many years to come.... Doing good things for good people tends to do that to you, ya know? :) It's crazy to think of how many *luxuries* we all take for granted in our lives... And, while I most often don't think of shoes as being a *luxury*, it most certainly is.

Hats off to you, Haley and Jessica! I can't wait to see what you accomplish through your organization!

founders:
Hearts-And-Soles.
founder:
Head.Shot.
founder:
Head.Shot.
board member:
Board.Member.
group shot:
Group.Shot.
xoxo, reata

1 comment:

Lauren, Brantly, and baby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics Reata! Thanks SOO much for doing them! They are fabulous!